- Procedural Layers – A powerful procedural engine is built into the heart of the layer stack; offering fluid, GPU accelerated real time procedural noises, patterns, projections and more. Procedural layers mean artists can easily create the look they want, seamlessly blending procedural and painted detail with the same toolkit.
- Mask groups – In MARI 2.0, rather than a single mask per layer, each layer’s mask is a full layer stack in its own right. Artists can use blending, groups, adjustments and procedurals in their masks for a much more flexible, and non-destructive, workflow.
- Shared layers – We don’t think artists should have to waste time keeping track of how and where they have reused layers and masks. MARI 2.0 introduces a unique layer concept, shared layers, to ensure that artists can spend more time painting. A shared layer is one that appears multiple times in the same stack, or is shared between stacks, and is automatically and instantly updated wherever it is used.
- Streamlined layer view – With powerful grouping, tagging and filtering options, the layer view in MARI 2.0 means even highly complex stacks are easy to navigate and control.
- Every channel is now a full, non-destructive, layer stack.
- Shaders now use layered channels to control every aspect of the surface look including diffuse, displacement and specularity.
- Fully updated .PSD support means MARI 2.0 works seamlessly with Adobe® Photoshop® and other paint software that reads industry standard .PSD files.
- All the control and flexibility artists know and love from 2D painting applications is now available in full 3D, directly on the model.
The Foundry Mari 2.0 is out now